Newhoca Park - Beach
Facility Area Information
185 - 195 Grier Road
Vernon, CT 06066
Phone: (860) 870-3520
|Public Swimming 2019
June 22 - August 18
185 Grier Road
Saturdays and Sundays: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Facility Entrance Fees:
Vehicles: $5 (up to 5 passengers)
Walk-ins/additional passengers: $1
Season passes are available for purchase on site after opening day or at the Vernon Parks & Recreation Office after June 3.
Ages 3-12: $20 residents, $30 non-residents
Ages 13+: $25 residents, $35 non-residents
|Newhoca Beach Safety Rules
Management reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or eject from the premises any person(s) failing to comply with rules.
- All tobacco & alcohol products are prohibited.
- No throwing rocks or sand.
- Climbing on rocks is prohibited.
- Fishing and fishing lines are not permitted within the swimming area.
- Beach equipment must not block lifeguard chairs.
- Swim suits are required to enter the water. Swim shirts must be approved.
- Dogs/pets are not permitted on the sand or in the water.
- Guests must stay within the Bouy line while in the water.
- Use of snorkels and masks, other than goggles, are not allowed.
- No diving.
- Floatation devices are not allowed.
- Sporting equipment and other toys are not permitted in the water.
- Long hair must be tied back while in the water.
- No foul language.
- All guests 12 years old and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- In the event of Thunder or Lightning, sand and water will be cleared for 30 minutes.
- A complete list of facility rules is available for review at the First Aid station.
|Newhoca Beach is available to rent, with lifeguards on duty, for private events during the summer season. Fees start at $150 for a 2 hour block of time, and may increase based on party size.